Thursday, February 2, 2012

make my bed?

I am certainly not one to make my bed every morning. I have found, however, that I do enjoy the peace that comes with having a beautifully made bed to look at during the day and crawl into at night. And although simple, unpatterned textiles can be quite lovely, I've found that I'm drawn to bedrooms that have either a little more texture or a little more color (plus numerous pillows). The current palette of my bed is a blend of predominantly neutral tones, with a hint of turquoise and an abundance of pattern. It's just enough brightness to spice up my room yet bland enough to provide a sense of tranquility when it is time to get some shut eye. Maybe I should reconsider the whole morning bed-making routine...


various prints in a similar color scheme



a fluffy throw for texture



i couldn't resist a touch of leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment